Centre for School Leadership
The Centre for School Leadership was established in 2016 in a partnership between NAPD, IPPN and the DES for an initial period of three years.
The CSL’s responsibility will extend across the continuum of leadership development from pre appointment training through to induction of newly appointed principals and continuous professional development throughout the leader’s career. The Centre will also advise the DES on policy in this area.
To develop a community of school leaders, who feel supported and valued as professionals and who have access to high quality continuous professional development.
To bring our vision into reality, CSL will ensure the provision of high quality professional development opportunities for aspiring and serving school leaders, thus improving the learning outcomes for school communities
The Centre for Sschool Leadership will:
- Lead, support and advise on a strategic framework for a continuum of leadership development for schools
- Support, lead and coordinate professional leadership programmes for primary and post primary schools
- Lead and manage a pilot programme of leadership development for newly appointed principals and a coaching service for serving principals encountering professional difficulty and/or challenging situations
- Support the design, development and delivery of quality continuous professional development (CPD) for leaders utilising innovative approaches with a proven record of success
- Foster a culture of engagement with CPD among school leaders
- Ensure cohesion and consistency across programmes
- Ensure adherence with DES standards for school leadership and Teaching Council CPD framework when available and if appropriate
- Devise a quality assurance framework for the professional development leadership provision
- Work collaboratively with NAPD, IPPN and the DES and its support services, networks and other education partners and providers as appropriate
The Centre for School Leadership’s work will be guided and informed by the values of trust, respect, collaboration, integrity, professionalism, empathy and openness.
For further information click HERE